American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Type: Full Time
4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
The Communications Coordinator will write, produce, and coordinate marketing and communications activities for the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA Pain Medicine) in collaboration with the association’s team of 10 staff. This individual would NOT supervise other staff and would report to the Director of Membership, Marketing, and Communications.
Term of position
This is a full time at-will employee of ASRA Pain Medicine.
· Write, edit, and proofread content for digital newsletters, emails, press releases, social media, website, and Society communications as assigned.
· Develop email blasts and marketing automation campaigns for a variety of marketing and communication purposes.
· Manage email marketing lists and maintain email list hygiene in accordance with legal requirements and best practices.
· Update website to keep information current and consistent in accordance with the Society branding style.
· Support marketing and graphic design needs through the creation of postcards, flyers, web ads, social media graphics, and additional items as assigned.
· Become an expert in the association’s writing style and support other staff in writing and copyediting.
· Support the association’s brand identity and consistency in all messaging and help to monitor compliance across the organization.
· Support video development, editing, and dissemination efforts of society and committee members.
· Maintain artwork and photo archives.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, or related
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Web, print, and layout graphic design skills
Broad understanding of current web and mobile design best practices and technologies
Video and audio experience (editing, podcasting, etc.) preferred
Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop, Premiere) preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle several projects at once
Ability to build collaborative, working relationships with volunteers from diverse cultural backgrounds
Ability to travel, work overtime and lift up to 50 pounds, as necessary
About American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Our mission is to advance the science and practice of regional anesthesia and pain medicine to improve patient outcomes through research, education, and advocacy.
The American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA Pain Medicine) is one of the largest subspecialty medical societies in anesthesiology with more than 5,000 members in 66 countries on 6 continents.
We accomplish our mission and vision by addressing the clinical and professional educational needs of physicians and scientists, ensuring excellence in patient care utilizing regional anesthesia and pain medicine, and investigating the scientific basis of the specialty.