The Professional Development Manager will drive continuous learning and improvement through organizational needs assessment, design, implementation, and evaluation of professional development programs to drive high performance, and enhance the knowledge, skills, and capabilities of education programs for AFP’s members.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
· Lead development and delivery of the digital learning strategy and innovative learning solutions that support current and future organizational business needs while fostering a curious and thriving learning environment for our members;
· Lead instructional systems design or curriculum development program initiatives in conjunction with department KPIs;
· Demonstrate data-driven leadership by conducting needs assessment and analyses for professional development programs and organization effectiveness interventions in support of AFP’s digital education initiatives;
· Partner with key team members to identify and prioritize digital learning needs while ensuring a link between member needs and business objectives;
· Manage the learning management system and provide relevant reports for professional development and develop and implement methods and metrics to evaluate effectiveness of programs;
· Curate and manage annual calendar of digital professional development offerings (webinars and Deep Dives) as well as deliverables related to sponsor-webinars.
· Manage existing e-courses housed in learning management system and develop new e-courses that meet the needs of the fundraising community.
· Maintain a network of partnerships and professional contacts with academic institutions and associations that align with AFP’s education program goals;
· Support the Vice President with the budget, vendor relationships, serve as primary contact for training subject matter experts and instructors, and manage projects on time and within budget;
· Leverage industry best practices and technology, and stay informed about new trends to evolve and continuously improve learning and development programs;
· Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
· Able to come to Arlington, Virginia office two times/week and like all AFP employees, fully vaccinated against covid-19
· 5+ years of professional experience in professional development and/or organization development function with deep knowledge and demonstrated success in instructional design, program development and facilitation, career management, LMS administration; leading successful and complex projects; managing department/team budgets and vendor contracts;
· Strong familiarity with learning management system platforms.
· Demonstrate flexibility and remain calm under pressure around constantly evolving business needs/environment;
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Since 1960, AFP has inspired global change and supported efforts that have generated over $1 trillion in philanthropic support to the charitable sector. AFP’s nearly 30,000 individual and organizational members, represented by more than 240 chapters worldwide, raise over $115 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America and millions more around the globe. As the preeminent association for professional fundraisers, AFP advances philanthropy through research, advocacy, education and certification programs, and more.