National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems
Location: Washington, D.C.
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
The salary range for this position is based on experience and qualifications. There is a potential annual bonus, based on individual and organizational performance. We offer an excellent benefits package, including:
• A defined benefit pension.
• A five percent employer contribution to 401k plan.
• Fully paid health care coverage (medical, dental, and vision).
• Annual 24 days PTO and 10 sick days.
• Thirteen paid holidays.
• Office closed the week between Christmas & New Year’s Day.
• Hybrid work schedule (3 days WFH; 2 days IO).
• Metro commuting allowance.
• Modern downtown office space that has multiple amenities and is 2 blocks from several metro stations.
Commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion (DEI)
We believe that diversity in our team isn’t just a value but brings different lived experience and perspective that is essential to solving 21st century problems.
4 Year Degree
The National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS) seeks a motivated and talented individual to serve as Member Services Manager. NCPERS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit trade association headquartered in Washington, DC. Established in 1941, we represent approximately 500 public pensions & stakeholders throughout the United States. Currently, we have six FTE positions with plans to grow staff further in the coming years.
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Member Services Manager to manage NCPERS membership recruitment and renewal process and other associated membership-related activities such as event registration, NCPERS affinity programs, and maintenance of our membership database. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Director of Membership & Strategic Alliances and the Senior Director of Operations. Responsibilities include providing the necessary leadership and support to meet the organizational goal of membership retention and growth and increased event attendance.
• Serve as the principal contact for all questions regarding membership, educational events, member services, affinity programs, organizational offerings, and general questions about NCPERS. • Lead the membership retention and recruitment process, serving as the primary point of contact for membership inquiries (phone, email, and mail), general requests, and processing. • Oversee functionality and integrity of association database, including modifications, upgrades, and quality assurance. • In collaboration with staff, help develop and implement a strategic plan for member recruitment and retention. • Work with staff to develop marketing materials that communicate the value of membership. • Manage all membership and event registration reporting and analytics. • Manage annual membership renewals from October – January. • Manage membership content and its accuracy on NCPERS website. • Serve as primary registration contact for all events. • Manage all event registration including processing payments, invoices, and refunds for event registrations. • Travel to all conferences/events to manage all onsite registration. • Manage bank deposit process. • Coordinate with accountant to code and reconcile monthly deposit reports. • Assist with yearly audit of membership and events. • Collaborate with vendors to support membership/registration processes. • Management of various office processes, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, and maintaining an overall professional work environment. • Other responsibilities as assigned.
• The position is based in Washington, DC with a hybrid office-remote work schedule. • Domestic travel to NCPERS educational programs and other business travel is required. • Since this position processes checks, credit cards, and ACHs, the individual in this position must be responsible and trustworthy. • Since this position interacts with members (and potential members), the individual in this position must have an outgoing and friendly personality, with excellent phone, written, and in-person etiquette. • Since this position is integral to the overall operation of NCPERS, the individual in this position must be hard working, detail oriented, and dependable.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience • At least 2-4 years association experience with a focus on member /customer service. • Extensive membership database experience. Experience in Naylor/ Timberlake database a plus. • Outstanding customer service skills. • Strong communication skills. • Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills. • Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously. • Comfort with shared accountability and teamwork. • Experience with multimedia design and/or social media promotion is helpful. • Knowledge of the pension industry is helpful.
About National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems
The National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems (NCPERS) is a national trade association based in Washington, DC representing approximately 500 public pensions & stakeholders throughout the United States. NCPERS members collectively oversee nearly $4 trillion in retirement funds managed on behalf of seven million retirees and nearly 15 million active public servants — including firefighters, law enforcement officers, teachers, and other public servants. Founded in 1941, NCPERS is the principal trade association working to promote and protect pensions by focusing on Advocacy, Research and Education for the benefit of public pension stakeholders.