The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise and knowledge that each one brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® over the last three years. In 2018 and 2017, ASA was also named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®. As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, and a related organization of the American Society of Anesthesiologists®. For over 30 years, FAER has been dedicated to developing the next generation of physician-scientists in anesthesiology. Charitable contributions and support to FAER help fuel the future of anesthesiology through scientific discovery. Funding priorities include: Research, Education, and Training.
This FAER Executive Coordinator will provide executive-level administrative support to the Director of FAER regarding development, implementation and management of strategic initiatives. Demonstrate confidence and take ownership in handling questions, phone calls, arranging travel schedule, etc. of principals located both on-site and remotely. Provide full administrative support for Director of FAER, CEO and Board of Directors. Efficiently manage and prioritize many projects and tasks concurrently that support multiple team members, while working independently with minimal oversight.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Liaison to the Board of Directors including attendance at all Board meetings; responsible for taking the official minutes at the Board, committee and task force meetings. Assist with agenda development, distribution and meeting follow-up.
· Liaison to all Board Strategic Task Forces, helping to schedule calls, source documents, conduct research and coordinate creation of reports.
· Strong constituent service orientation and quick response to donor, non-donor, and board and committee requests.
· Oversee the creation and execution of the annual Mentored Research Training Grant meeting.
· Arrange and schedule detailed meetings and conference calls, facilitate hosting conference calls and web-based video conference calls, compile agenda packets, maintain director’s appointment calendar.
· Effectively communicate with a variety of FAER stakeholders, including Board members, grant recipients, program participants, donors, and American Society of Anesthesiologists staff and physician members. This requires a high level of effective communication skills and professionalism.
· Assist with data entry and quality control of FAER information in database.
· Prepare mailings, extracting contact information from donor database, fact checking, creating and executing mail merges, and folding letters and stuffing envelopes.
· Provides backup FAER duties (such as calendar management, travel arrangements, expense submissions and presentation/report support) as needed and during the Administrative Assistant’s absence from the office, including scheduled vacation or special projects.
· Proofread reports, presentations, program materials, communications and publications.
· Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of related experience required, including project and meeting coordination.
· Experience with foundation, non-profit or fundraising organization helpful.
· Experience working with healthcare providers and their team members a plus.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
· Proficiency with web-based publishing tools and content management systems required. Experience using Google, Gmail, Google Calendar.
· Experience with use of and data entry into large database systems is a plus. Personify database knowledge is helpful.
· Sound administrative strategies and tactics that promote excellence in responsibilities.
· Clear and consistent communicator (verbal and written) with excellent proofreading skills.
· Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize many projects and tasks simultaneously; ability to provide support for multiple team members while working independently with minimal oversight.
· Able to maintain confidentiality of information, demonstrate exceptional decision-making and critical thinking skills as well as consistent attention to detail and follow-through.
· Must be willing to adapt to the demands of a rapidly changing work environment.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue knowle...dge and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living our values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® over the last three years. In 2018 and 2017, ASA was also named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!