The Vice President provides leadership for the staff and publicly represents the organization as required by the President & CEO. This requires close coordination with the President & CEO, Director of Membership & Projects, Director of Marketing & Communications, and Director of Innovation & Equity who directly manage many of these initiatives. The Vice President works with the President & CEO to forecast revenue, hire and review contractors, write and monitor MOUs and grant proposals and reports, conducts trainings and presentations as required, and supervises staff.
Founded in 2002, the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship is a 501 (c) 3 membership association that provides leadership and sustainable scalable resources to provide entrepreneurial thinking and action in one of the largest entrepreneurial ecosystems in North America. Since its inception, NACCE has grown to a network of over 325 community colleges and universities with over 2,000 active professionals that serve 3.3 million students. Our annual budget was set at $4.7 million for 2019 and is expected to increase substantially in 2020.
We hold national and regional conferences, publish a quarterly journal, host webinars, and provide technical assistance to foundations and government entities. In the past three years, NACCE has regranted over $2.5 million dollars to member colleges, published a textbook, Community Colleges as Incubators of Innovation, and established six emerging centers of practices.
For more information, please visit nacce.com.
NACCE has been growing steadily and is now seeking to deepen our reach nationally by establishing a corporate headquarters in the Raleigh/Cary, North Carolina area. We are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading a professional team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals that are based throughout the United States. The Vice President must work from our newly established corporate office and be available to travel nationally. We seek a leader who is able to help others at NACCE deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, the successful Vice President will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission. While it is essential that the Vice President bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization, is it also critical that the team retain the creative spark that drives NACCE. The focus of this position is to build the capacity of the organization, to maintain the positive and effective culture, and to expand services to members.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President will have the following responsibilities:
• Working in partnership with the President & CEO create a multi-year plan to support and expand NACCE’s Centers of Practice nationally and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
• Serve as an internal leader of the organization to coordinate the annual operations plan and budget. Supervise key staff members directly. (Adjustments to be made to the current organizational chart once this position is hired).
• Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization.
• Lead and manage the organization’s contractors and instructors.
• Provide timely financial forecasts, budgeting and membership data as needed.
• Represent the President & CEO as needed speaking at conferences and conducting site visits.
Grant and Technical Assistance Funded Projects
• Oversee the financial performance and human resource aspects of all grants.
• Oversee the emerging Centers of Practice. • Monitor the performance of contractors hired by NACCE.
• Working with the membership team, identify geographic growth opportunities and priorities and work with the membership team.
• Provide leadership and support drafting and pitching grant proposals. Program • Increase key impact measurements.
• Manage contracts and oversee the performance of NACCE’s contractors.
• Work with the membership and marketing staff to develop curriculum, tools, and training that meet member needs.
Finance, Technology, and Human Resources
• Utilize SmartSheet, Drop Box, and other project management software to ensure productivity.
• Cultivate the values of innovation, entrepreneurship and equity within the organization.
• Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture within NACCE; upgrade human resources functions including: training, development, performance evaluation and recruiting.
• Work with the President & CEO and Director of Finance & Administration to develop a strategic budget.
• Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial systems that support NACCE.
The successful candidate will have had executive management experience for at least five years with nonprofit associations, community colleges and/or businesses. An entrepreneurial and collaborative management style that embraces diversity and inclusion is essential. The successful candidate must work from the newly established corporate office in the Raleigh/Cary, NC area with other place-based 3 staff. Some NACCE employees work virtually – this position is not virtually based and does require travel – on average one trip for a few days every 6 weeks or so.
• Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding financial goals with a knowledge of P&L management, project management, and human resources.
• Strategic vision and agility to anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into a plan.
• Capacity building-ability to effectively build organizational strengths that ensure that projects flow smoothly.
• Leadership and high emotional intelligence with knowledge of how to scale programs.
• Action oriented – not afraid to take charge when it is required, but also willing to step back and allow others the opportunity to lead.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid educational background. Undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar degree highly desire
For more information about the application process, please click here:
About National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship, Inc.
The National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship (NACCE) is an membership organization of presidents, administrators, educators, center directors and entrepreneurs, focused on inciting entrepreneurship in their community and on their campus. NACCE has two main goals:
1. To empower college leaders to approach the business of running a community college with an entrepreneurial mindset; and
2. To grow the community college’s role in supporting job creation and entrepreneurs in their local ecosystem.