ABC’s Position Descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. ABC’s Position Descriptions do not create a contract, express or imply, or other legal rights between ABC and any staff member, nor guarantee employment or specific duties for any specific duration. ABC may add, change, delete, suspend or discontinue any of these positions and descriptions at any time without prior notice.
Founded in 1950, Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national construction industry trade association representing more than 21,000 members. Founded on the merit shop philosophy, ABC and its 69 chapters help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. Visit us at abc.org.
The Junior Graphic Designer will help produce creative for digital and print marketing campaigns, websites, branding, and other graphics for our association’s programs and events and support the brand compliance efforts for 69 ABC chapters.
• Design creative marketing and advertising materials on tight deadlines. • Produce creative marketing and advertising materials for digital and print marketing campaigns—emails, newsletters, brochures, flyers, guides, etc. • Create branding and identity materials for marketing campaigns, including logos, event signage, guidelines for brand management, and collateral. • Create infographics and PowerPoint presentations. • Work with chapters to assist with compliance with brand guidelines. • Work with internal stakeholders to understand project needs and complete projects in a timely manner. • Ensure all assets maintain the brand guidelines.
• Two to three years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. • High-level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. • Experience designing and developing graphics for print and web, experience designing responsive websites is a bonus. • Knowledge of print production. • Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. • Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and work well under pressure. • Ability to conceptualize original ideas from ambiguous direction and accept and implement feedback. • Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment and work well under pressure. • Ability to conceptualize original ideas from ambiguous direction and accept and implement feedback.
• BFA/BA in design or a related field • Link to a graphic design portfolio for review
To achieve our mission, we hire energetic and fun-loving individuals who possess the following skills:
• Professional demeanor and presentation of self. • Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines. • Writing and verbal skills. • Self-starter, highly organized. • Coordination of projects, meetings and/or events a plus. • Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to work in a demanding self-directed work schedule. • Effectively utilizes tools/resources to work efficiently. • Ability to take ownership of a process and to use problem solving skills to resolve issues. • Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards. • Work accurately with close attention to detail.
• It is the continuing policy of ABC to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• ADA: ABC will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
• While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• This position is performed in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Additional Salary Information: Bonus eligible
About Associated Builders & Contractors
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) is a national association with chapters located throughout the USA representing tens of thousands of merit shop construction and construction-related firms with millions of employees. ABC's membership represents all specialties within the U.S. construction industry and is comprised primarily of firms that perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors of the industry.
• ABC is the construction industry's voice with the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government and with state and local governments, as well as with the news media.
• ABC's mission is the advancement of the merit shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free-enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
• Through its national office and chapters, ABC's objective is to provide its members with an organization to deal with issues on an industry-wide basis.
• ABC's activities include government representation, legal advocacy, education, workforce development, communications, technology, recognition through national and chapter awards programs, employee bene...fits, information on best practices and business development through an online contractor search directory.
• ABC’s Value Proposition to its members is based on the merit shop philosophy, helping members win work and deliver work safely, ethically, and profitably for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work.
ABC was founded in 1950 when seven contractors gathered in Baltimore, MD to create an association based on the shared belief that construction projects should be awarded on merit to the most qualified and responsible low bidders. Their courage and dedication to the merit shop philosophy spread rapidly, and within time, ABC became the fastest-growing association in the United States. Today, ABC is recognized as one of the leading organizations representing America's business community and the merit shop construction industry.