Under the supervision of the director of finance and director of human resources and operations the accounting and benefits specialist runs reports and manages report writing software; produces draft monthly financials; executes A/P and A/R processes; processes accounting actions related to the ATSSA PAC and the Foundation; processes benefits transactions and compliance reporting; processes COBRA transactions and compliance reporting; assists with HRMS data updates.
- Runs reports and produces data in report writing software; sets up employee accounts and trains staff on report writing software; manages vendor relationship and answers questions regarding report writing;
- Produces draft monthly ATSSA financials for director review and approval, assists with forecast change updates;
- Makes final approval in A/P automation software, runs quarterly vendor list reports;
- Enters benefits changes, new hire and termination benefit elections into benefit sites; resolves issues with vendors; answers benefits questions; conducts new-hire orientation regarding benefits when necessary; updates benefits elections in HRMS system;
- Enters new hires into COBRA administration site and processes COBRA notifications for employee terminations; produces compliance reports;
- Conducts monthly benefit reconciliation of active enrollment and COBRA enrollment against carrier invoices;
- Reconciles and maintains investments, fixed assets, and G/L accounts;
- Prepare, compile and edit budget sheets;
- Assists with annual benefit census and compliance reporting; assists with annual open enrollment communication and benefit processing;
- Serves as back-up for Worker’s Compensation and E-Verify.
- Assists with reconciling accounts for audit, updates accounting files as needed;
- Updates HR and benefits documents as needed; updates relevant information in HRMS as requested;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar and a minimum of four years of accounting experience or benefits experience, however, a combination of education and substantial relevant experience may be considered.
Skills & Knowledge
Ability to work with confidential and sensitive material professionally; ability to meet established deadlines; ability to work with detail in a repetitive manner; a high level of accuracy; ability to analyze information and ask questions if needed; strong computer literacy in MS Office products, particularly Excel and Word; the ability to communicate clearly and effectively across an organization; strong organizational skills; experience with proficient use of a ten-key calculator; knowledge of ACA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and Section 125 benefits; understanding of GAAP principles.
Experience with Solomon and Bi360 accounting software; Microsoft CRM, accounting experience in a not-for-profit environment.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Traffic Safety Services Association
The American Traffic Safety Services Association, an international trade association, is located in Fredericksburg, Va. Since 1969, ATSSA has represented companies and individuals in the traffic control and roadway safety industry. Over 1,600 ATSSA members provide the majority of features, services and devices used to make our nation's roadways safer. These include pavement markings, road signs, work zone traffic control devices, guardrail, and other roadside safety features.