The primary role of the marketing and communications manager is to direct and shape all external member and non-member communications, marketing and brand positioning to members/ the local council partners/chapters/affiliates, the philanthropic community and other target audiences. Present the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP) as the leading member association for charitable gift planners, offering best in field resources, education and advocacy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Communication Brand and Strategy
• Develop national marketing strategies that encourage brand recognition and adoption across multiple channels.
• Encourage, develop and maintain brand standards and promote adoption by CGP local partner councils and chapters.
• Work with the membership director to develop and execute member marketing campaigns to grow and retain membership.
• Develop marketing strategies for CGP Conference, an annual national educational conference.
• Create consistent messaging, and tone through all communications of the CGP. national brand to members, prospective members and stakeholders.
• Manage email marketing campaigns, newsletters and advocacy updates.
• Collaborate with thought leaders and other staff on content strategy, managing the publishing of blog posts and new content offerings.
• Work with HubSpot Automated Marketing Software to manage campaigns, create landing pages for content offerings, lead generation, nurturing, and lifecycle stages of prospective members.
• Manage, optimize and create Search Engine Marketing strategies using Google Adwords (with their nonprofit grant) and maintain SEO best practices.
• Manage email marketing, workflows/automations within the HubSpot Platform.
• Post, monitor and create strategies for all CGP social media accounts.
• Create, optimize and build strategies for paid social media, including boosted posts, and evaluate other opportunities for growth and engagement.
• Build out Google+ social platform collections.
• Create board reports as needed from Google Analytics and other platforms to demonstrate marketing ROI and inform others of important trends and/or areas of improvement.
• Create and execute event marketing plans, including social media campaigns, email marketing, creation of media assets, marketing copy and channel strategy for largest conference on charitable gift planning, CGP Conference.
• Design and/or coordinate design of any necessary collateral including membership brochures, flyers and ads (both print and digital).
• Manage partnerships with freelance designers, photographers and branding agency.
• Maintain partnerships with relevant publications on advertising tradeouts.
• Manage the national website, including content updates and database support/integration on the Drupal CMS.
REQUIRED: BS/BA Degree in marketing/communications or related field, plus 2 to 5 years professional experience with related experience in marketing or communications.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities: To be successful candidates should have experience managing lead-generating digital marketing campaigns; proven working experience in digital marketing and traditional marketing; demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns. Individuals should be highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate; experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels; knowledge of the Google Adwords platform, Google Analytics, and SEO best practices. Experience with marketing automation and CRM software (Hubspot or Pardot a plus) and strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking; up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement. Have a mix of strategic thinking and tactical execution; excellent knowledge of Wordpress, Drupal or similar CMS; Hubspot Certification, Google Adwords or Fundamentals Certification. Previous work experience in associations and/or the nonprofit sector.
Experience in a nonprofit, membership organization or association setting.
Internal Number: 10752P
About National Association of Charitable Gift Planners
The National Association of Charitable Gift Planning (CGP) is a national membership organization serving professionals involved in charitable gift planning. With approximately 8,000 members nationwide, CGP sets standards, promotes best practices, provides education and is a national voice in advocacy for charitable giving. For additional information about CGP please visit the website at charitablegiftplanners.org